Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Do you see it?

The ever so slight hint of fall!?! I'm so excited. Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the crisp cool air tinged with the smell of fires burning and the sound of leaves crunching. I love the abundance of color in nature and the cool nights with windows wide open, sleeping under piles of blankets. I love the scents and tastes of fall foods: beef stew, apple crisp, roasts, pumpkin bars. I love the return to routines. I love Sunday afternoons of football (not because of the game, but because I get to scrapbook or read or stitch while Greg watches the game)...time together but enjoying our own thing. I love fall activities: Halloween parties, pumpkin patches, apple orchards, and corn mazes. I love the cozy feel and a great preamble to the warmth and glow of the holiday season. It's when we celebrate our anniversary. It's when we practice and celebrate thankfulness. It's when we get out the warm comfy sweaters. Can you tell I love this season?

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

love what u shared, i'm with u.. fall is my fave season too! great post!