Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Festivities Galore


This is the first holiday season in three years that I haven't worked retail as a second job. And I'm loving it. I finally have time do things like make my holiday cards, shop for the perfect gift and wrap it in perfectly coordinating gift wrap, bake, and participate in gatherings.

This weekend was our annual Twin Cities scrapbook group crop at which we also exchanged cookies. I baked my great-grandmother's ginger snaps for all who participated. We also had peppermint cookies, peppermint fudge, chocolate mint cookies, sugar cookies, lemon cookies...this list goes on and on...and it was all fantastic.



Then last night my friend Bonnie hosted an ornament exchange. We each got to take home one of each ornament that each person brought. Some were homemade, others storebought, some came from as far away as Holland. I made snowmen ornaments, and took my color inspiration from this years' funky Christmas colors, in particular Elsie's holiday paper line. I ended up making 15 of these little guys.






4 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

I looove those cute ornaments M.. U made such beautiful ornaments! I love mine! Thanks for coming.. Greg and I both had so much fun with all of you, too bad Sara and JoNell couldn't stay for the picture huh?
It was great spending time together. Happy and fun.

Suzy said...

You did a great job on the snowman!
It's always awesome to spend time with you!

CountryMouse said...

That sounds great fun - I love the idea of swopping ornaments for Christmas - what a great idea for a get-together - that and of course lovely lovely cookies..............

MNScrapbookmom said...

Thank you for making such lovely ornaments for the exchange. Your ornament was a huge hit this year with my relatives. Everyone wanted to know how you made it !!! I of course had no idea. If you care to share, please mail me. :) Thanks. ¥