Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Recap Part 1

We are back from the holidays and had a wonderful time! We actually got back last Tuesday night but I've been sick and we've been busy, so here we are on New Year's Eve! Had a wonderful time seeing so much of our family, but despite our best efforts, we missed some! Thank you to everyone we did see for so much fun, hospitality, good food, great company and awesome presents. Here's some of my favorite photos from the weekend.

My mom and Bill - even though I was sick, we still had a great time. Mom cooked us dinner and fudge, we opened gifts, and played the Wii. Both mom and Bill want a Wii now. We learned through this experience that mom's bowling balls roll soooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. She says they roll that way in real life. At least the Wii is accurate! And, yes, we're still willing to stand in line to get you Wii's of your own -

Mom and Bill being goofy and having an oven mitt war!


My mom's cat Paisley taking in some sun...he was my cat, BTW, but he likes my mom better now. Hmmpphhh!!! That's a cat for you:




We spent Christmas Eve at my grandma's house. Usually, Greg and I get in late Christmas Eve after spending the day with his family. But this year, we went straight through to my family and got to partake in our family's Christmas Eve tradition for dinner: oyster stew! That is absolutely one of my favorites...such a treat. My grandma is Norweigian and Swedish, and this tradition comes from that heritage. For the weak of stomach we also have chili. But I don't waste room with that...I go straight for the stew oysters and all. Mom says they would cut them up small for me and put them on my high chair and I'd eat them when I was little. Grandma and I are the only ones who LOVE it, though mom is learning to enjoy it. I'm just fine if no one else likes it though...more for us! We also opened presents that night.

We got a star filter for our camera so I couldn't resist this picture of my grandma's tree. I still remember most of these ornaments from when I'd help her set up the tree when I was little:


My grandma Wii'ing...yes, grandma! She's pretty hip...she emails and uses and iPod too!



We also made sure to get some family pictures! My aunt, uncle and cousins:


Greg, mom and I:



Mom, Grandma and my aunt:



Christmas Day was spent with Greg's family...stay tuned for part two.

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

great pics!!!!! So glad you're back.. and early Happy New Year!