Monday, March 31, 2008

The Best Seat in the House...


...is now the couch we got delivered on Saturday. And we spent part of the weekend tying it all together. I've been collecting things here and there with this couch in mind since our wedding...ok, not this exact couch but something along these lines and it finally came together!


These shelves have some of the frames and the clock we got for our wedding, plus pictures from our wedding as well as the little kitty picture holders my aunt gave me a few years back.The quilt on the couch is the one my grandma made us for our wedding...I picked it when I was with her and the rest of my family on a shopping trip in Des Moines and the window is something I altered to hold photographs of both of our families.The couch came with two pillows that are actually like small cushions that aren't...um....exactly my taste. But there were two and they are cat-sized, so I decided to let them think we got the pillows for them. At least Baci seems content with his. And now the pillows get used, and the cats have a comfy place to sleep.By the end of the first day both cats had decided this was going to be the new hangout, and they're right...this will be the best seat in the house!We moved the TV from where the couch is now, which meant some rearranging of that wall too. We ordered one large print from our wedding to hang on the white wall behind the TV, but we're trying to find a 12x18 frame for it.


So that was our excitement for the weekend.

3 comments:

Scraploft said...

Awesome couch, Michelle! I love the color. I hope you are doing well...

Jenn

Bonita Rose said...

love your new couch.. looks so comfy and cozy.. and loved the little peek into your private places.. your home is beautiful!
bonnie

Suzy said...

I love the couch- enjoy!