Saturday, February 2, 2008

Fishing w/ Papa

Here's a layout I've had rattling around in my mind for awhile but finally got up the "guts" to do it. I don't know why but sometimes there are photos or memories that are just so precious, that it's hard to scrapbook them...almost like whatever I do will never be good enough for it.






Journalling reads: "I remember several times that my grandpa took me fishing. This particular time, grandma & grandpa had taken me to a family reunion near Brainerd, MN leaving mom behind in Omaha to study for finals. That weekend was full of family, campfires, boating, and fish-frys (Uncle Darrill made the best beer-battered fish). While I don’t remember anything specific from this particular day, I love this photographic reminder of all the fun times I had with my grandpa. Fishing, working in the woodshop, taking trips to the hardware store (it took awhile for mom and grandma to figure out why I loved the hardware store so much…it was next to the ice cream store). It was during these ordinary events that we talked, or didn’t talk, about everything (or nothing). It was during these times that my grandpa taught me the kind of person I want to be: patient, kind, smart, inquisitive, funny, big-hearted, & a little ornery."



Products used: Patterned Papers by Sweetwater, Cardstock by Bazzill, heart punch by EK Success, Ribbon by Offray, transparency by Hammermill, Rub-on by Cloud 9 Designs, font is a free font from the internet called "Acoustic Light".

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

You couldn't have said it any better. That's what life is all about.