Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A relaxed weekend

We had a fantastic weekend! It was funny, though, because Greg and I went to Omaha, but our family wasn't there. My mom and Grandma went to Seattle, so Greg and I housesat/pet sat for mom. My cousin Emily was away at school, and my aunt, uncle and cousin Melissa were moving Melissa into her dorm. So for Friday evening and Saturday we were on our own. We enjoyed coffee on the deck each morning, some great homecooked meals (thanks mom) and some shopping around town. I went to the scrapbook store that started it all for me, though it has since changed owners. And we stocked up on our Nebraska "imported" coffee to take back to Minnesota with us (their customer service is amazing, as is their coffee. Our favorite is Heavenly Delight). Sunday my aunt and uncle got back so we went to their place for dinner and went to see The Bourne Ultimatum...that was SUCH a good movie! I just love that series. And thankfully, I think they left the movie open for more, but closed it enough that it won't leave you hanging if they don't make more. Monday we went down to the lake with my aunt, uncle and some family friends. We had a really nice time relaxing down there. Yesterday we drove back to Minneapolis, stopping in Des Moines for dinner with Greg's family. It was fun to catch up with them. Of course, my nephew was entertaining as always (love that kid!!!), and Greg's sister got to tell us all about her new job. Knowing what a photo nut I am, my MIL had printed some pictures for us, which I always love. So all in all it was a great weekend, and now we're back to work and the week is already half over.

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

sounds like u had such a great weekend.. good for u both! Spending time together as a couple and with the ppl u love is the best! Welcome back to MN Michelle!