Friday, August 31, 2007

The Three Miss Margarets

About a week ago I finished a book called "The Three Miss Margarets". It was a nice, easy summer read. I'd give it a 3 out of 5. The story opens with a mystery and that mystery slowly unfolds through a series of flashbacks and recollections by each of the three Margarets. It is in these recollections that we begin to understand the bond between these three women, and the history (the good and the bad) of the town in which they live. It reminded me a lot of the Ya-Ya's which, although it may not be fair, made me judge this book a bit harder. If you can get it at the library, borrow it, or find it at a used paperback store, it's definitely worth the few evenings you'd spend flying through its' pages.

2 comments:

yvonne said...

Hi Michelle- Sounds like a great book. I'll have to check it out! I love to read. Great blog here.

Yvonne
(from Birch Park retreat)

Bonita Rose said...

interesting, I'll have to look for that one! hugs