Monday, August 13, 2007

A great weekend!

Well, for whatever reason, blogger is not letting me upload pictures today. Oh well...I guess my verbiage will have to do! Anyway, it's been awhile since I've posted a real post (not that Simpsons aren't real) so I thought I'd dive back in.

Friday night we went to a fundraiser beer bash at Shaw's in Northeast (lest you be confused, that's the Home of the Shaw Burger) for Make-a-Wish. Saturday, we participated in the third annual Wifflin' for Wishes (incidentally, we have played every year) which is also a fundraiser for Make-a-Wish. We always have so much fun. Greg has been able to organize three teams from our offices to play each year and a good time is had by all. A shout out to our friend, Truck, and his team of organizers who make this event possible! After a playing in the sun we were exhausted so we took it easy and watched movies that night.

Sunday, we spent the day doing practical grown-up things...running errands to Target, cleaning the house, doing laundry, that type of stuff. I was excited, though, so finally get out and do something that I've been meaning to do for several years now: Stuff the Bus! Greg and I got out and did a little back-to-school shopping for charity. Can I just tell you how very much I LOVE school supply shopping? I think it's the greatest. To me, it signifies the start of a new year: new classes, fresh starts, potential of new friends and new experiences.

And then today, it was back to the grindstone.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

sounds like a great weekend!