Saturday, September 15, 2007

A new chapter starts right here...

After a long summer of layoffs, potential buyouts, and hauling 50 years of an office down to four 20 cu. yd. dumpsters and 30+ shredding/recycling carts, I'm done!!! I finished yesterday and topped out the night with some champagne. A new chapter begins today!

I am very sad to say goodbye to my friends and colleagues. We have all bonded so well over the past year. I was also very sad to realize that I won't be working with my current boss on a daily basis anymore. But, I also know this industry is small and all of our paths will cross again, and I look forward to that day.

I do have my next position lined up and for that I'm grateful, and also very excited. I will be joining a firm close to home, with great leadership, 3 people I already know really well (two of whom are former colleagues, the other was a groomsman in our wedding). In the few times I've met this firm prior to my interview I've always perceived them as a fun, hardworking group that's excited about what they do, and they do it well. How can I not be excited about that.

Until then, I have the week off and I plan to:
  • Sleep in
  • Work out daily
  • Take a card-making class
  • Participate in a Euchre tournament
  • Do lunch with some friends
  • Read
  • Shop
  • Scrapbook

And I start it all off today with a massage with my sweetie.

:)

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

I've got the next week off too.. we shud try and meet sometime! hugs shoot me an email.. lets see what we can do! hugs and congrats on the new job M... change is so so good, isn't it??? hugs