Friday, June 22, 2007

Little things go a long way...

In spite of a few lows this week, I have to say that I have found happiness and inspiration in two of the smallest things, and I wanted to share those with you.



First, I had the honor of hearing Bill Cosby speak in person this week. He is every bit as fabulous as you think he's going to be. Funny, humble, smart, just AMAZING. One of the bits that I took with me was this: "Make yourself into a cocoon. Develop yourself. And when you emerge you have two choices. You can be the ugly moth that flies around with no direction and ultimately smears itself on a windshield. Or you can be a butterfly. Be the butterfly that flies around God's Garden doing beautiful things." Loved that. Be the butterfly.

Second, along the gardening theme, I went to Home Depot on Thursday night to get mulch and a few more bedding plants to fill in the blank spots. I found some gorgeous gerberas and also some petunias and some white flowers that are tall. I pushed the cart out to my car and was loading the plants all into the trunk. While I was doing this, a guy that worked there was collecting all the carts. He saw that I was about done with mine, and instead of just standing there waiting, he loaded up the mulch for me. How sweet was that? I mean, it's something I'm perfectly capable of, and its not something that his boss or another co-worker saw or that he was probably even told to do, so he did it just out of the goodness out of his heart. Very cool. He was being that butterfly.

Toodaloo!

2 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE what you shared today M.. thank you.. Bill Cosby is such a wise man.. so happy u got to enjoy him in person, good for u! And about the butterfly moments... and the good things.. well I agree, nice to see genuine kindness at work, isn't it? It can be elusive in this world of ours.. ppl are often too busy with their own agendas... so happy for you! HUGS

Nicole said...

So cool that you got to see Bill Cosby - what a pioneer on so many levels! Good luck with your gardening - it's hard with all this heat, but I'm sure you'll do fine!