Thursday, July 31, 2008

Softball Tourney




This past weekend Greg and I went to Iowa for the softball tournament my work sponsors every year. We had a great time and are looking forward to next year's tournament. I did pretty poorly at playing...the fact that I haven't played since third grade proved to be a disadvantage for me, however Greg had some great games. Greg's mom, sister, grandma and our nephew came out to to see us for awhile which was great. The tourney is all day Saturday but we got from Friday to Sunday to allow time to tour the host office, meet people and tour the town.

Our company chartered a bus for us to get to and from Iowa. The ride there was pretty lively with food, drinks, poker, music and lots of talking. By contract, the ride back on Sunday was very quiet...everyone had fun all weekend long and took advantage of the long ride to rest up. The company also hosted appetizers on Friday at the Iowa office, meals at the tourney on Saturday and tee-shirts to commemorate the weekend! A great time was had by all.


The top photo makes me smile, it's Greg's softball uniform for this year. Greg wore that to the tourney and I wore a hot pink shirt that matched my hot pink and black glove. Needless to say we got a few comments...him on his swirly socks and me on my overall color coordination. One cool side effect: we were both so bright it was easy for our nephew to spot us on the field and cheer for us!



The bottom photo was taken on the bus ride down. We all chose to wear Hawaiian-themed attire. Another office all showed up with mullet wigs on! It was pretty funny.

No comments: