Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Books of 2011 Recap

As most of you know, one of my favorite pastimes is to read. I come by it honestly...my grandmother is a retired children's librarian (and she worked at my school, so I had no choice) and my mother is an avid reader as well. Here is a recap of what I've read this year:

"Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson
"Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver
"Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow
"I Still Believe" by Jeremy Camp
"The Girl Who Played with Fire" by Stieg Larsson
"Room" by Emma Donaghue
"Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen
"Mini Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella
"House Rules" by Jodi Picoult
"Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay
"Love Walked In" by Marisa de los Santos
"Forever" by Maggie Stiefvater
"Can't Wait to Get to Heaven" by Fannnie Flagg
"Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden
"Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo
"Left to Tell: by Immaculee Ilibigiza
"Megan's Way" by Melissa Foster
"Wideacre" by Phillippa Gregory
"Silver Girl" by Elin Hilderbrand
"Reckless Faith" by Jo Kadlacek

For those of you looking for something to read, my favorites were "Can't Wait to Get to Heaven" because of Fannie Flagg's unfailing humor and Southern charm and "Memoirs of a Geisha" for the fascinating glimpse of a different era and culture. If you are looking for some Christian inspiration, I was very inspired by the testimonies in "Heaven is for Real", "Left to Tell", and "I Still Believe".

I'm looking to kick off 2012 with the Twilight series (I finally caved into the peer pressure!).

If you want to know more about my thoughts on books, please look me up on GoodReads - I'd love to be your friend!

No comments: