Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cranberry Salad

This is one of my favorite seasonal treats. It's a recipe my aunt makes. She got it from her late Mother-In-Law. I made it this weekend for a friends' party and took it in the bowl my aunt gave me. It turned out super good.

Two tips: you can grind the cranberries very easily in a food processor or blender. And two: I got slivered almonds (which were good) but 1/2 cup of those went a long way. My aunt usually uses chopped walnuts and the full cup of those turns out well too. I guess it's really just your preference and what you have on hand. The reason I chose almonds was because I couldn't remember which walnuts were kind I like (black or english?), and which ones were the ones that I don't.

*** *** ***
Cranberry Salad

1 package 12 to 16 ounces) fresh cranberries, ground (in produce isle)
1 cup sugar
1 cup drained crushed pineapple

Mix, let stand overnight in refrigerator. Add next morning:

1 package (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
1 cup Cool Whip
1 cup chopped nuts

Chill.

*** *** ***

Happy Thanksgiving (early)!
Michelle

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

thks for sharing such a great recipe, it sounds soooo good!